Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh Sweet Little Mess

The rain over the past few days has delayed progress and delayed updates on here! But we're back and at it now! These pictures span the past six days- so once again, without further ado... the pics...

Labor Day Weekend Sales at Lowes! We were like kids in a candy shop! Yes, that is TEN gallons of paint. One for each room in the house. The deal was for every $50 of paint (and supplies) bought- you get $10 off. We couldn't let this pass up as it tends to come around only a few times throughout the year. Plus, we can always get the cans re-shook right before we paint the room.
Lucy approves of my paint choices. Isn't she pretty?
Instead of eventually covering up this wall of 16" wide boards- we decided to pull them off and plan to place them back up after the drywall phase and sort of frame them for a rustic-focal-point-type-of-deal.
The Boards
The Den is moving along! Thanks to that hard-workin' guy in the corner!
The bathroom is framed up! Ceiling and walls... including what will be a Pocket Door!
Ceiling Progression

The new beams are completely up and I helped! I was pretty uneasy being 4 feet off the ground while juggling a beam and a nail gun... I can't imagine how well being on the roof is going to be! Jeff had us both up balancing on 2 2x4s set between 2 ladders, it was interesting. We're so excited to see this room when it's dry walled- this ceiling could be glorious.
Oh, Sweet Little Mess
Hello, Grasshopper.
These little guys are all over the place!

This trim has become the bane of my existence... I've scraped it, sanded it, primed it, and now I've painted it a sort of cream color- BUT it needs a second coat and every time I look around I realized that I haven't painted yet another spot of bare wood. Oh, and while looking over this picture I've remembered there's still the whole second floor to think of!

September 5th
September 9th: It's very difficult to see- but there IS more trim painted versus the last picture.


September 9th
I love the contrast between the old beams and the new cream trim.
An attempt to show that there is a difference between the old and the new... and that I actually have been doing something over the past week!

Thompson's Orchard in the evening
Gloucester Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment